Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited June 2016

Shadows of Amn is pervaded by the same theme.

1. Irenicus betrays the elves.

2. The elves betray Irenicus.

3. Phaere betrays Matron Mother Ardulace.

4. Solaufein betrays Phaere.

5. You betray Phaere or Adalon or both.

6. You can betray the deep gnomes.

7. Yoshimo betrays you.

8. Saemon Havarian betrays you.

9. Saemon Havarian betrays Bodhi.

10. Desharik's wife betrays him with Saemon Havarian.

11. You can betray the Shadow Thieves by siding with Bodhi.

12. You betray Mae'Var.

13. The knights of Helm at Watcher's Keep betray both you and their own god.

14. You can betray the knights of Helm.

15. The Chromatic Demon betrays you.

16. You can betray a comrade in Hell.

17. Galvarey betrays the Harpers.

18. Jaheira betrays the Harpers.

19. Korgan gets betrayed by his old adventuring buddies.

20. You can betray Valygar.

21. You can betray the Cowled Wizards.

22. You betray King Ixilthetocal or Prince Villynaty.

23. The githyanki betray you in the Mind Flayer city.

24. You can betray Gaal and the Unseeing Eye.

25. Kangaxx betrays you.

Jaheira should be left out of this list, she didn't betray the true Harpers, only the ones who have betrayed the true Harpers. Know why? Because according to the Harper Code, those who seek power to elevate their own station are traitors of the Harpers. This is what Gavalrey, Dermin and their followers did, they endangered Charname's freedoms for personal gain, and the Harpers are taught to see freedom as a multiversal right, and traitors who hear the call of personal power even at the cost of sacrificing freedom for good reasons must die to preserve freedom, so Jaheira made the right decision betraying their wishes even though she had conflicted feelings about her actions every once in a while. This is also why the Harper ghosts were not in the Harper HQ in Athkatla when you have to rescue Jaheira, because all the Harpers there at that moment were not true Harpers.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    bleusteel said:

@Fardragon: Is that meant to be in the "Did you actually know" thread? I created a character with that name in ToB and it did not work.

It worked roughly 5% of the time for me.
    Touchée!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,079

Valygar and Cernd know each other before the PC recruits them. At the start of their banter, Valygar refers to Cernd as 'old friend'. These two party members are both rather unpopular so I doubt most people have even seen this.

It's possible that Valygar and Cernd knew each other, but keep in mind that in fantasy stories people often use the word "friend" to refer to people they know pretty much nothing about (same goes for the word "fool"). An "old friend" might just be an old person who he knows nothing about.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Now hold up a minute. Costs are determined by supply and demand, not by arbitrary judgments of worth. I mean, my water bill is less than my car insurance payments, but that doesn't mean water is less important to me than my car.

But don't think that makes the pricing make sense. With those prices, either more people want longswords +1 than want their dead loved ones back, or it's harder to create a longsword +1 than it is to bring someone back from the dead, or both. That's insane.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Unfortunately I can't find a percentage breakdown, but the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting manual says this on page 6. "The most populous and strongest of the major races of theForgotten Realms, humans are considered the dominant race in Faerûn."
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    That's an interesting disparity in racial equity.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Bears? lol!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I am guessing you didn't know there is a bear companion in BG2 named Wilson.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You don't need to play sorcerers to have lots of arcane power in poverty runs of BG2. Even though a poverty run forbids scribing scrolls, NPC mages already come with spells above level 4, unlike player-created mages. Edwin won't have Stoneskin, few mages will have strong debuffers, only Aerie will have Spell Immunity, and nobody will have Protection from Magical Weapons, but they'll have enough spells to function well.

If you get Nalia and Neera in ToB, they will come with much broader and more useful spell picks than if you import them from SoA.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Casting ressuction on random mummies is not even a good action since you might be bringing back to life someone who died centuries ago. Better to give them a final death, no?