Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
edited May 2021 in BG:EE Mods
Version 2.0 of BG EE and the release of Siege of Dragonspear brought a lot of changes to the game engine.

Rather than creating a lot of confusion editing the original compatible mod list thread I decided it would be a better idea to create a new clean thread.

So if you have written a mod that is 2;0/SoD compatible or have tested a mod and found it to be compatible just let me know so that it can be added to the list.

The rule of no direct links stay. Give a link to the mod thread. The modder deserves full credit for his/her creation.

Good modding and have fun!

Attention! GOG/Steam users . If you have Siege of Dragonspear installed you must install this before trying to install any mod.

AI Enhancements

Sword Coast Stratagems

Banter packs

Ajantis BG1 Expansion Mod
Adds friendship dialogues for Ajantis if he is not in romance from BG1NPC Project.

Chatty Imoen
This mod expands Imoen's voice set and adds interaction banters with other NPCs. It also has a component to change Imoen's portrait to one of three choices: BG1, SoD, or BG2.

Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks
This mod expands Coran's Friendship talk sequence.

Delainy/Durlyle Same-Sex Romance Options Mod
This is a simple mod to spawn Delainy for female PCs and/or Durlyle for male PCs..

Garrick's infatuation
"Garrick's Infatuation" allows Gorion's foster daughter to explore a closer acquaintance with her very first biographer through a series of conversations. The flirtation is available to females of any race, class, or alignment and it begins shortly after Garrick is recruited.

Neera Banters for BGEE
Adds additional dialogue between Neera and other NPCs. Prevents Neera and Edwin from being in the same party.

Neera dialogue expansion and flirts

Adds additional dialogue between Charname and Neera, as well as flirts.

Xan's friendship path
Xan-initiated banter.

Equipment

Barbed Club of Pain
Convenient Ammunition
Distinguishable clubs
Golem Construction for Spellcasters
Nerfed Ankheg Armor

Wand Case
Thalantyr sells a container to store wands.

Xan's New Groove!

Todd the Super Tester Guy
Todd is a merchant who sells 200+ items from Morrowind and Arcanum. You can install it in a ever started game.
You can find it in different places depending on the game on which it is installed:

GUI & Graphics

BG2EE GUI To BGEE
Continous Viconia Appearance for BG1EE, BG2EE, SOD and EET
EEUITweaks Mod Collection
Lefreut's enhanced UI

Journal Fixes
Compatible with BGEE and BGEE+SOD v2.2, this mod adds various enhancements including filtering to the UI of the quest and journal screens - supports multiple languages.

Lighting Pack

Multi-portrait Mod
The Multi-portrait mod allows the player to see 10 portraits at a time when creating a character or changing appearance, and allows rapid paging through large portrait collections.

Portrait Picker
Why click through portraits when you can scroll? After automatic registration and a little setup, you can access the entire portrait pool (custom and default), apply descriptions to all, and use advanced filter/sort functions.
Recolored toolbar buttons

Portraits Portraits Everywhere
The Picture Standard for BGEE 1 & 2
Dragonspear UI++

Kits & Races

Most kits and classes mods have a minor compatibility problem with version 2.0. Check @subtledoctor's comment for details.
Arcane Archer Redone
Bardic Wonders
Chaos Sorcerer Kit
The Charlatan (Bard Kit for Charname and Eldoth)
Deities of Faerûn - A Kitpack for Clerics
Eldritch Magic
FG Cleric Kits
I Hate Undead Kitpack
Improved Archer Kit
The Mercenary (Fighter Kit for Charname and Kagain)
Might and Guile *Fully compatible*
The Militia Officer (Fighter Kit for Charname and Khalid)
Mystic Fire Paladin Kit
Warrior Monk Mod
Pale Master Sorcerer Kit
Planetouched Races
Shadow Magic
Way of the Assassin
The Deratiseur Unused Kits Pack for BG2/BGT and all EE versions in french and english
Warlock
Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
Relieve Wizard Slayer

NPCs

Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG:EE + SoD
Drake NPC for BG:EE and SoD
Gavin
A cleric of Lathander

Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD

Finch v4.0 BETA 7

Glam's NPC Pack

Grey the Dog

Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer for BG1 + SOD [Alpha Release]

Isra

Kale, a Halfling Barbarian for BG:EE + SoD

Sirene NPC BG:EE
Shar-Teel NPC mod (SoD)
Verr'Sza NPC
An evil rakshasa ranger.

Vienxay, a Elven Shadowdancer Mage NPC for BG:EE + SoD

Portrait packs

Artastrophe portraits

Quests & expansions

Ascalon's Questpack
Balduran's Seatower
by BS Company: a quest mod for BG:EE, BGT, and EET that adds a new area to the city of Baldur's Gate, accessible via the south-west corner of the Docks District

Brage's Redemption
Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG:EE
Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters!
Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
BG1 NPC
BG1 Unfinished Business

Critter Parts mini-mod for Baldur’s Gate: EE
Role-play based quests. New harvestable drops and edible meats from the bears, wolves, dire wolves, etc. Also drops from all spider types that can be used for bartering with a new NPC who has an interest in such trinkets.

Imoen 4 Ever
Lets Imoen remain in the group in Korlasz' Dungeon in SoD
Lure of Sirine's Call (Download is at the side, current version is v15)
Northern Tales of the Sword Coast
The Stone of Askavar

Tools

EE Autoroller

Tweaks

Animal Companions
Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs
3.5 Edition/ Pathfinder style Tweaks Collection (thac0, Constitution, hit dice)

Rough World
The concept behind this mod is to make the world a rougher place. It does this by changing the tone of the games reputation system, adding a bit of difficulty, and making the world feel not quite as forgiving.

Jaheria Recast
Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack
Non-Player Characters Enhanced

mod-npc
Modifies recruitable NPC stats from a pregenerated character template

Multikits
Adds multikits (multiclasses with kits)

NPC Tweaks mod
Allows continuous portraits and colors for the Baldur's Gate saga NPCs. Additional options include more convenient locations for some BGEE and SOD companions and appropriate kits for NPCs.

Quick Save Slots Tweaks 1.2

High-Power Baldur's Gate
This mod adds supernatural powers to the player characters, the NPCs, and nearly every creature in the game, in order to make every encounter a unique, very interesting experience. It tries to make Baldur's Gate 1 feel like a totally new game.

Random Character Generation
Bored playing the same types of character over and over? Let this Random Character UI mod choose for you. Simple to install.

No Race Restrictions
SCALES of BALANCE!
Simple XP cap remover

SoD Dialog Banters
This mod doesn't add any new banters. It converts the existing SoD banters from the "on-the-run" style to a pausing dialog style (as in BG2)

Tweaks Anthology BETA
True Berserker Minsc
Raduziel's Universal Wizard Spells

Spells

Taunt Spell

Post edited by mlnevese on
AedanAbdel_AdrianZephyllainkaguanaronaldoKrotossandrolJuliusBorisovjackjackVyrulisseSaulerajwzNightDashmf2112KirinaldoRolandoArnimanlaptopman666CaradocBanArdGenderNihilismGirdleChadThalamondSssiksseilorEekanImpmashedtaterslolienWise_GrimwaldArctodusOlvynChuruZaghoulwho_is_danielAaeightSadFacePandaSCARY_WIZARDAbell19980623MERLANCEJumbotron_DD_Alexander12Aaemforever

Comments

• Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    @mlnevese Eldritch Magic kit, item, and spell mod is BGEE v2.0 compatible.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49591/mod-eldritch-magic-bgee-bg2ee-iwdee#latest
    mlnevese
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    The stuff of legends! Thanks for thread.
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Abdel_Adrian Added. Thanks :)
    Abdel_Adrian
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited April 2016
    @mlnevese Both, the Lighting Pack as well as the Recolored toolbar buttons are BGEE and BG2EE v2.0 compatible.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    One minor suggestion given all the craziness with SoD: You might want to add an asterisk or some kind of marker for mods that are compatible with BG:EE 2.0, but not the Steam/GOG version (at least until a clearer workaround presents itself)
    mlnevesejackjack
    I'll probably color code the mods as they come.
  • stevecatstevecat Member Posts: 8
    Might and Guile is not working with a steam install of 2.0/SoD, kit names appear to be are overwritten in the dialog.tlk
    @stevecat Added information. Thanks.

@argent77 Added. Thanks.
    Update: the link in OP is for an old (not compatible) version of Might and Guile v1.0. In the M&G thread it's now on version 2.2. Weidu installer had errors though, so doing a clean re-install of BG:EE to see if that fixes anything
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @mlnevese Maybe while you making this new list, will you make it in the order of installing so new people will know in which order to install this mods ;)

I bet you forgot all about it
    laptopman666Pteran
    @stevecat Updated link. Waiting for confirmation the new version works on Steam :)
    Same issue with Version 2.2.1, installing correctly but Kit names/descriptions are wild. I'll post this stuff in the M&G thread as it belongs more there than here
    mlnevese
    edited April 2016
    kaguana said:

@mlnevese Maybe while you making this new list, will you make it in the order of installing so new people will know in which order to install this mods ;)

I didn't. :) As a general guide, install mods that change dialog.tlk first (Item Packs, NPCS, Quests), then install Graphics changes, finally install tweaks :)
    Abdel_AdrianJuliusBorisovSCARY_WIZARD
    Figured out what's up with M&G (should've read the M&G thread more thoroughly); it works with 2.0 but does not work with SoD. Can confirm that it's working on a Steam install without SoD.

Might want to change the note for those that don't work with SoD for now.
    @stevecat Updated info. Thanks :)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    mlnevese said:

kaguana said:

I didn't. :) As a general guide, install mods that change dialog.tlk first (Item Packs, NPCS, Quests), then install Graphics changes, finally install tweaks :)
    @mlnevese I know in what order to install I don't ask it for myself I ask it to have it in general on the forum I think it good to have it, that why I ask and because you are making the mods list, that why I ask it of you. :) beside making this new list in the order of installing won't harm anyone ;)
    @Utopolyst Added. Thanks :)
    Utopolyst
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited April 2016
    May be helpful to include the following tool near the top of your list:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

Steam/GoG users with SoD installed can't really install any mods (except perhaps override only mods), until they've run the tool.

For Steam users, it's as simple as placing the tool in the same folder as the chitin.key file, and running it. GoG users need to create a "dlc" subfolder, and move the sod-dlc.zip file into the dlc folder, before running the tool.

There are windows, linux and macos versions of the tool.

Also, note that the release of Weidu version 240 will break a lot of mods again, so you may have to revisit all entries in the list. Weidu version 240 and beyond will consider BGEE+SOD as a "sod" installation, rather than a "bgee" installation, so all mods that check if the game is bgee will no longer install on BGEE+SOD, until that mod is updated to also install on "sod".

Unfortunately, since Weidu checks to see if there are newer versions located in the same directory, even mods that remain packed with an older Weidu version will be hit by this.
    TyonJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]jackjack
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited April 2016
    I'm playing all three (BG:EE, BG2:EE, SoD) v2 games under OSX with a Beamdog installation and using WeiDU 23900 for installation.

For BG:EE and SoD the following mods were successfully installed at the new locations
    1. /Application/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00777/
    2. /Application/Baldur's Gate - Siege of Dragonspear/Game Data/00806/
    • bg1npc v22.2
    • bg1npcmusic v6
    • bg1re v1.3
    • bg2_tweaks v16
    For BG2:EE the following mods were successfully installed at the new location

/Application/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00782/
    • aTweaks
    • Faren v3
    • Kelsey V4
    • Rogue Rebalancing
    • Adrian v3.1
    • Arath v2.2
    • Dace 1.3
    • Imoen friendship v2.2
    • Mazzy friendship v2.2
    • Nathaniel v4.4
    • Amber v4
    • Angelo v5
    • Auren v9
    • BG2 tweaks v16
    • deArnise v4
    • Dungeon Be Gone v1.7
    • Kivan v15
    • Sarah v4
    • Weimer ItemUpgrade
    • Tashia v1.4
    • Viconia friendship v3.3
    Every mod I used to play on v1.3 is at least installable on v2.0.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @mlnevese This list doesn't make much sense. Despite minor things, almost every BG1EE mod will work fine for SoD. The only concern are patch 2.0 changes (for eg. baldur.ini > baldur.lua affect EET_Tweaks) and even those are minor.
    Mmh, it probably makes more sense to start making a list AFTER Weidu 240 is out, and see which mods can then still be properly installed.
    edited April 2016
    ALIEN said:

@mlnevese This list doesn't make much sense. Despite minor things, almost every BG1EE mod will work fine for SoD. The only concern are patch 2.0 changes (for eg. baldur.ini > baldur.lua affect EET_Tweaks) and even those are minor.

Actually a new list makes a lot of sense. Some of the older mods do not even install on 1.3...

Also we'll start to see some mods that require 2.0 to work. So I think it's better to start fresh :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Abdel_AdrianJuliusBorisovjackjackcomebackhome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2016
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Thels Added the info. Thanks :)

@elminster Added. Thanks :)

@subtledoctor Updated the information. Could you provide the links you want to use for your mods?
    @mlnevese: It's ONLY if they have SoD installed. If they don't have SoD installed, they don't need the tool, and the tool won't work.
    edited April 2016