- I fixed the gamebreaking bug that had made it impossible to rest or leave Candlekeep if Siege of Dragonspear wasn't installed.
- I added all the newer spells from my spell mod, as well as two new spells: Levitate, and Teleport Step.
- Some creatures have been given new powers.
- The Demonknight's Mirror of Opposition now creates actual clones of the party.
- Charmed party members and hostile clones of party members will now use spells and abilities on the rest of the party.
- I fixed some bugs in the Gorion battle cutscene.
- The Fiery Blades ability now works again.
- Quayle no longer has Gate as an innate ability (which I gave him by accident).
- The game should no longer crash when selecting a spell for a sequencer.
- I fixed a few errors in spell descriptions.
- New spell: Jump (1st-level spell that allows a creature to jump over obstacles).
- I added a few more scrolls for some of the new spells to the game.
- I fixed more of the problems that were causing the game to crash a lot.
- The mod should now be compatible with Sword Coast Stratagems by @DavidW
. First install High Power Baldur's Gate, then install SCS.
- Creatures that previously had my own attack AI now have vanilla attack AI so that SCS will modify those creatures.
- I made sure spellcasters given unique scripts by this mod will not have vanilla spellcasting AI, so that SCS will not modify them.
- I gave phase spiders a special attack AI that accommodates their new teleport ability (High Power Baldur's Gate makes phase spiders teleport to their destination whenever they move).
- Icharyd now has fewer Hit Points but higher physical resistances (previously the Improved Ulcaster component of SCS actually decreased Icharyd's max HP from what I had set it to). Icharyd's ring has been moved somewhere else in the game.
- Davaeorn now puts on some defensive buffs before the fight; I thought he already did but it seems like he didn't.
- Tazok once again has his Fist Breath ability, but the breath cone isn't as wide.
- I revised the final battle so that if you also have the SCS Improved Final Battle component installed, Sarevok will have both the abilities from HPBG and all the changes to the fight from SCS.
- Effects that increase the power of a character's healing spells now work correctly, as do effects that give a penalty to saves made against a character's spells.
- The Gloves of Healing now increase the power of the wearer's healing spells.
- The Avenger wyvern form's attack now properly deals poison damage.
- Meteor Swarm no longer causes knockback, as this had been crashing the game.
- The spell Null Healing will now prevent regeneration.
- There is now a scroll of Extend Vision in the game.
- Mordaine no longer crashes the game when she dies.
- Pride now wields Durlag's Pride rather than a shortsword +1.
- The Black Vultures have been removed from the game.
- I've changed some NPC powers.
- The mod now gives new powers to Ellyrian, a custom NPC by @CaloNord
- The mod now gives new powers to Helga, a custom NPC by @Skitia
- The game should crash much less often.
- The mod now gives new powers to creatures in the Rough World mod.
- Certain items that deal a non-physical damage type (e.g. Storm Star) now deal extra non-physical damage from Strength and other damage bonuses.
- Birds no longer glow green, and you will be less likely to get random "you may not save at this time" messages in areas with birds.
- I fixed a problem from v2.0 that had crashed the installer if Siege of Dragonspear wasn't installed.
- Birds no longer fly away from their selection circle when the game is reloaded.
- Areas with birds are safe to save in.
- I improved most of the starting powers for PCs and put in a bunch more abilities.
- PCs now start with new passive effects depending on their class and kit, not just innate abilities.
- I overhauled the powers of many NPCs.
- Arkanis, Canderous, Deder, Mordaine and Osprey now have their own unique powers, as well as soundsets taken from Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2.
- Many mod NPCs will gain their own unique powers.
- PCs will get their starting powers even if they joined the party after Candlekeep (e.g. if you created a PC in the middle of a multiplayer game). In addition, mod NPCs who haven't been assigned unique abilities will get the starting powers for their kit (or the starting powers for their base class if they have a custom kit) rather than getting nothing.
- Over 30 custom kits will now get their own unique starting powers.
- I created over 70 new mage and priest spells that can be learned by the party.
- Over 40 spells from IWD:EE can now be learned by the party.
- Various items have been added throughout the game.
- Various magic items have been removed from the game, mainly to reduce the amount of vender trash you get.
- Various items have been modified or rebalanced.
- The mod now gives new powers to creatures in some quest/encounter mods, including the Baldur's Gate NPC Project, Northern Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadow Magic, and Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters.
- Many bugs have been fixed throughout the game.
- Expect plenty more surprises.
- High Power Baldur's Gate is now compatible with Project Infinity.
- Four new components:
⦁ Allow Arkanis, Deder, Osprey, Mordaine, and Canderous to be taken outside of Candlekeep
⦁ Increase the rate at which warriors and bards get proficiency points
⦁ Let non-warrior Constitution HP bonuses continue past 16 Constitution
⦁ Modify shorty save bonuses
- The component Modify Fighting Styles now implements bonuses for up to five stars in each weapon style, and it allows any character who could normally get the highest level of proficiency in a fighting style (3 stars for Two-Weapon Style, 2 stars for the others) to reach five stars in that style.
- I split the component that moves Eldoth, Quayle and Tiax to early-game locations into 3 components, one for each character.
- Birds can now be interacted with as creatures.
- Wyverns and other airborne creatures can now fly over impassable areas while outside.
- Shadows and other spectral undead can now go through walls.
- Gaze attacks are now released as cones in front of the creature, and they only have an effect on characters looking at the creature.
- Squirrels no longer constantly switch places with enemies.
- Cows have a much cooler Great Leap ability.
- Phase Spiders have a better teleport ability.
- Spiders are now animals, with the exception of Wraith Spiders, which are undead.
- The Flaming Fist are tougher than they were before.
- Ankhegs should be less annoying. They are now divided into three categories: Light Ankhegs, Heavy Ankhegs, and Arcane Ankhegs.
- Greater Death Shades and some spiders have been weakened.
- Ochre Jellies and Fission Slimes now have more reasonable attacks.
- Powerful generic enemies like Battle Horrors and Skeleton Warriors no longer drop stat-increasing books.
- Helmed Horrors, Battle Horrors, Doom Guards, Dwarven Doom Guards, Invisible Stalkers, and the Doomsayer no longer have 99% damage resistances, but they have more hit points.
- The mod now lets characters gain over 127% or under -128% damage resistance. Also, creatures won't have their spells interrupted by damage they're immune to.
- Wizard Detect Evil is now Detect Creatures, which displays the name of each creature in the area and for a brief moment lets you see where each creature is.
- Cleric Detect Evil is now Detect Alignment, which displays the alignment of each creature in the area.
- Identify Creature now tells you the target's stats.
- Repulse Undead is now Circle of Repulsion, which creates an area that pushes back enemies that try to enter it.
- Dimension Door is now a 1st-level spell.
- Polymorph Self now lets you choose forms with really cool abilities: a lesser basilisk, an ankheg, a troll, a phase spider, or a winter wolf.
- Polymorph Other and most similar spells and items now last 8 hours.
- Minor Sequencer now properly allows you to store more than 3 spells.
- Oracle now lets you know the name of the spell an enemy just started casting.
- Protection from the Elements is now Absorb Elements, which grants 200% resistance to fire, cold and electricity.
- Protection from Energy is now Absorb Energy, which grants 200% resistance to fire, cold, electricity, acid, magic fire, magic cold, and magic damage.
- Effects that improve unarmed THAC0 and/or damage now also affect magical unarmed attacks such as Shocking Grasp, as well as certain shapeshift weapons.
- Many magical unarmed attacks such as Shocking Grasp will have a more powerful effect on a critical hit or a backstab.
- Ranger Charm Animal now lasts 8 hours and can be cast instantly.
- Paladin Detect Evil is now a passive ability that can be turned on and off.
- All druid shapeshift forms now have powers reflecting the powers those creatures have.
- Some of the evil Bhaalspawn powers have been changed.
- All PC Bhaalspawn powers now have 0 casting time.
- Many offensive class abilities (e.g. Kai, Poison Weapon, Stunning Blow) can now be used as a free action so you can use them alongside another ability.